Saturday, September 8, 2007

never pray for rain

so .
I am breathing better cause it has rained, and I am on three inhalers now, Yipee!
A week ago Monday, I was praying for rain, but one must pray specifically, as I have since been told. So, a week agoMonday, I got up at 6 AM and I could hear Rain, when I got to the kitchen, on the way to the bathroom, IT WAS RAINING, A TORRENTIAL DOWN POUR, RIGHT THROUGH MY KITCHEN CEILING!
I got lab children, (wet, happy, and running in circles), saying look mommy it's RAINING!
I immediately ran back to bedroom, screaming........ Sweetheart, Sweetheart, it's raining in the kitchen.
sweetheart jumped up out of deep sleep, cause he KNEW where the rain was coming from, he broke a coffee cup, fell over a dogie gate as he crashed upstairs, cause he knew, and I knew who the culprit was.
I have not mentioned DADDY on my Blog but my Daddy (83) lives upstairs over the kitchen, and in his room is the 110 year old pedestal sink, original to the house, with no OVER FLOW drain............. so daddy left the sink on, (maybe all Nite).
Hence the rain in the kitchen and my happy Labradors, and 4 hours of shopvacing, and sweeping water, and a ruined ceiling.
I love my Daddy but he has severely tried our patience with this episode.

2 comments:

Patience-please said...

Oh NOOOOOOO!!!! Glad you're feeling better - thanks for the laugh!
Patience

Rosie said...

Love this one Char.