Thursday, September 27, 2007

It is a beautiful day in LowerTown and Downtown Paducah today. The rains we had have washed things clean and the sky is sparkling. Down on the riverfront, the are "Cooking", Barbecue that is. They are barbecuing any and every thing that ever had a rib, leg or wing! The smell is delicious, I can't go down there this year because of the smoke and my breathing, but I know sweetheart will bring me some!!!!!!
All of this barbecue cooking money made is for charity, by the way, this is such a fantastic community.

Speaking of food,
I have recently been dealing with a lot of green beans.
You see Tugg started coming up lame in this front wrists, usually after his evil half sister Gess had been running him all over the backyard. We are 7 and 8 months old now, Gess being the older, but Tugg is WAY bigger now and that so annoys little miss " I was here first I am the alpha". Which means a lot of rough play and domination games. About the only way Tugg can win is to just lay on her.

So off to the vet we go, $90.00 and 2 x rays later, we are told, it is a growth spurt that occurs at his age, Fish oil supplement 3 times a week, Glucosamine Condroidant (however you spell that) daily, baby aspirin daily and by the way he is 4 pounds over weight, cut back on puppy food and add a can of green beans to his Meals.
So my dog is too fat, oh no I am not going down that road , I look at Gess and decide she is fat too! So now they are both on their greenie beanies! Tugg ate them happily, immediately, but I will write more later about the psychological games I had to play to dominate little miss alpha into eating and enjoying hers!

No comments: